Confrontation

Charles wanted to go over the pool area of the resort and chill a bit while reading a book, before everyone else was active and he would have to be with all his family. The weekend gateway-reunion was not going as he expected and the 56 years old man found himself cherishing the moment he could spend by himself. However, upon entering the pool area Charles saw that there was the one person he wanted to meet the least: his son James. 

Before Charles could turn around and leave, James saw him and called on him. 

"Hi, dad. Guess only us guys are early risers?" he asked. 

Charles tried to hide his frustation at the casual encounter, while James took off the white dress he was wearing, remaining only in a yellow bikini and showing off even more his 8-month pregnant belly. Charles' gaze fell on his son's stretched belly and he was unable to hide his frown. 

When James told his parents that they were expecting a baby, they didn't say that it was James expecting and not his wife Audrey. They kept it a secret for months, as they lived in Hawaii, while their families were both from Chicago. Only last month they revealed that they had signed up for the Fertility Program and that it was James who was carrying the baby. 

The weekend was the first time the whole family gathered before the birth and it was the first time that they saw the changed couple. Audrey had grown into a tall muscular man, with a massive black beard, while James became a blonde beauty. Charles had found himself unable to speak to James during the previous evening and even quarrel with James' mum Sarah about his behavior. 

"Still mad at it, uh?" James asked, breaking the silence. 

"*Sigh* Look so-n," Charles paused, thinking that the very pregnant woman in front of him could hardly be his son "I'm not mad. I'm just...confused. I-I just don't understand why..."

James didn't let Charles finish: "You can't understand why the son of Charlie 'Stoneface' Watson, meanest cornerback of his days, supposedly big macho man, married to the head cheerleader, decides to get himself a pussy and get impregnanted by his wife?"

Charles felt embarassed as James called him off. He was right. That was the reason why he was not happy to see his son alone. He just couldn't guess why he chose to be the woman. James moved towards the gate and made a tired smile.

"Alright, dad. I get it. All this new technology and changes are not easy to grasp. Even I would have said it was crazy only five years ago. So there isn't a clear answer here. It just felt right. Audrey couldn't take a leave from her work and we still wanted kids, so I stepped in. At first we thought of just doing the minimum changes, but then I started growning so much that we decided to go all the way with the changes. Can you imagine how akward I would look if I still had my male face while wearing this bikini?"

Both of them chuckled. 

"Now I can't shake the feeling that we did the best choice. I love being pregnant and I love the idea of giving birth to my son. And I want my family to be a part of it. I want you to be a part of it. I'm still your son, we can still talk baseball and cars. I just can't have a beer with you right now," James said.

Charles felt himself too emotional for words and just went on and hug his son. It felt strange, but he loved it. After that confrontation, the weekend went very well and Charles decided to remain in Hawaii with his son to help him in the last month of the pregnancy. He ended up carrying him to the hospital and was the only other person in the delivery room when James gave birth to his son Charlie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Housewife & the accountant

The convention, part 3